The South African Gold Coin Exchange (SAGCE) have just opened its 30th Scoin Outlet. Scoin stores offer coin collectors and bullion investors the opportunity to buy bullion, collectable silver and gold coins and medallions securely from their online shop, their brokers countrywide or by visiting a Scoin retail store.
The former State President and Nobel Peace Prize winner, F W de Klerk and Alan Demby, the South African Gold Coin Exchange’s Executive Chairman opening the new Scoin store at the V&A Waterfront bringing the total number of the retail chain to 30. The Scoin chain is the world’s largest
organisation of its kind with the only retail chain of coin shops in the world with stores located throughout South Africa and the UK in malls and airports.
“We regard Mr de Klerk’s acceptance of our invitation to be guest of honour at the store’s opening as recognition of Scoin’s rapid rise to domestic and international prominence in recent years, as well as our on-going support of the FW de Klerk Foundation,” says Demby, who maintains that Scoin outlets have evolved into the first stop among coin collectors seeking long term value.
He emphasizes that the V&A Waterfront store conforms to the strict standards of all SAGCE’s Scoin outlets – well-situated, light, airy and attractive to existing and prospective customers, and staffed by personnel that invariably go the extra mile. They have 27 in South Africa and three in the United Kingdom. They also have plans to open their first in the USA later this year.
Scoin shops offer coin collectors and bullion investors the opportunity to buy bullion, collectable silver and gold coins and medallions securely from their online shop, their brokers countrywide or by visiting a Scoin retail store. All Scoin outlets offer gold medallions and coins and Krugerrands, countrywide shipping as well as free safe custody services.
Scoin offers a range of coins that include:
- British Coins - including the Royal Engagement Gold Proof coin, The Royal Wedding UK Gold Proof Coin, the Manchester United Medallion, the Queen Diamond Jubilee as well as the London Olympic Coins.
- Mandela Medallions - exclusively minted by the Mint of Norway in silver or gold medallions, approved by the Mandela Foundation and the Nobel institute
- Kruggerrands - minted in 22 carat gold and available in 1 oz, ½ oz, ¼ oz and 1/10oz coins
- Natura Coins - introduced in 1986 by the South African Mint, this series of coins depict the natural heritage of South Africa’s indigenous animals.
- Protea Coins this series of 22 carat gold coins commemorates the history and industry of South Africa
- International Coins - sporting and commemorative coins minted in tribute to special events including the FIFA and Olympic series.